***What? Only a handful of people have bothered to sign up for my GIVEAWAY? How crazy! So go ahead and enter. It will bring me happiness and yourself happiness if you win***
Hi...it was a sad day this weekend when a man at Ulta told me this weekend that my favorite, life-changing, makeup staple, the product that would be included in my life if I could only use 5 products is DISCONTINUED! WHY URBAN DECAY, WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL!?????? Their liquid liner is the best ever and now they discontinued it for their new 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. They carried it in my normal color (Perversion) so I went ahead and got it to see how it compared. And now I will air my grievances against this product:
1. The formula dries shinier than the old one.
2. It is also thicker, so more product is used.
3. The handle of the bottle is a little clunkier.
4. A little less precision due to the bottle design.
5. The main grievence: The size. I understand that companies want to make as much money as they can, but they slashed the amount of liner in a bottle by...over half?!? The old liner used to contain 0.25 fl oz... and now it's 0.058? What? What? And the same price. That makes me peeved to say the least. Urban Decay could at least have the same amount of product, oy vey. But, all of this does not necessarily mean I will not use this liner nor swear off Urban Decay (they have some of the best products). It's just one of those hinderances that make people hate companies when in reality there's really nothing that can be done.
Okay, rant ooooover! Here's some positive aspects of this liner:
1. Lasts forever
2. Even though it has a clunkier feel, it can deliver a nice, clean line and a lovely wing.
3. Very pigmented, I sampled a few of the other colors on my hand and they were nicely colored.
4. Overall, a lovely water-proof liner, but pales in comparison with their old liner. If you did not have the chance to compare I'm sure that you could have different views on it.
Now, because I was missing my dear Perversion liner oh so much, I could put it to good use! Here's my makeup from yesterday and today using my new liner:
This was my first time actually wearing the liner so there's a little bit of that liquid liner bleeding look...a little
The liner, very thin with a huge handle, like over half the bottle turns out to be handle so I'm always accidentally opening it backwards/upside down.
This liner does last forever though, this picture was taken after applying the liner to my hand almost...a whole 24 hours WHICH included a shower and multiple hand washings. So, very impressive stay power.
Hope you enjoyed this little rant/review/acceptance in the last stage of grieving over the loss of my original liner. I will always remember it fondly...