Wednesday, September 7, 2011

These Are My Obsessions: Lime Crime Lip Noir +1

So, hi, my name is Shannon, and I have a little bit of an obsession/addiction to Lime Crime lipsticks...and actually all of their products.  As you all probs know I reviewed my Lime Crime Lipstick Rainbow here: HERE!!!! And now I can say that not only did I complete my rainbow with the lipstick D'Lilac BUT I was also lucky enough to get their new fall collection (Lip Noir) and let's just say, even more obsessed! Plus, it came mere days after ordering...we're talking like three days. Oh, and I'm majorly obsessed with film noir...so lip noir is like hitting two birds with one stone? Haha.
 Isn't this picture too perfect, the beam of light on my box of wonderful lipsticks...ahhh, it's a dream come true. :) I have to say this cute little pamphlet that was included in the box was really nice.
 What could it be?
 AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Note: If you're wondering why there are four lipsticks, well, I bought Retrofuturist (red) again because I used it all up, haha. Best red ever, go get it now! 
 Quote Time...a little corny...
 Okay, first, Chinchilla! It's described as a "medium gray with lavender undertones" and, it's exactly that! Haha.  It's almost like a fall version of D'Lilac.  I wasn't sure if this would be a very wearable color, but, it turned out to be very, very wearable.  It's also a very unique color and I'm already sad it's limited edition...
 Glamour101: "Deep wine-red with berry undertones." Yay for another beautiful red color from Lime Crime! Again, this is like a "falled-up" version of their normal red.  It's a really beautiful color with great lasting time and really full coverage.  This formula of lipstick seems to be a lot more hydrating too.
 Styletto: Yes, you have already seen this picture because I already have this lipstick, haha.  I'm even wearing the same necklace, what a coincidence.  Like I said before, this is my first black lipstick and I really love it.  Again, incredible coverage, love it, me speaking like a broken record.  :)

So, overall review of this fall collection....I would marry it? I love it with an unhealthy obsession? Actually, with my gushing over Lime Crime you would never know that I'm actually a very critical person...like to a point of insanity sometimes :P But, Lime Crime has everything I love and want in makeup. Plus, this was a present for getting into a show finally, yeahhh.....
Oh, I'm also including a picture of D'Lilac, which I will be adding to my Lipstick Rainbow post as well, you know, so its feelings aren't hurt ;)
D'Lilac: Yay for pastel purples! Because it's a lighter color it's a little bit difficult to get it looking neat, but I've found it's best to dab a little on your lips, dab a little off with a tissue and then apply a full swipe or two to get even coverage.  It's surprisingly vibrant for a pastel and most def one of my favs.
  So, go get this now? That sounds like a plan.  Lime Crime has really become one of my favorite makeup brands.  I really like how involved they are with their social media sites and responding to people's questions and concerns.  I know I would go insane if I had to answer the same question nine million times on their facebook page, haha.  Apparently they're coming out with eyeliners in the spring aka we we we so excited...we so excited. Actually, all I want is more lipstick. I need to go to lipstick anonymous...
~Shannon

6 comments:

  1. pretty pretty! awsome red, your rockinn it!
    (:

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the colors look great on you....great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the colour of Falled-Up. :) reminds me of a seductress vampire. :) i'll now follow you. :)

    http://kikayandkulayfool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second lip color is MONEY on you girl, like, CASH MONEY. Take that look to the bank and cash it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg these are awesome i wish i had money to buy all of them!
    Dolly, xo

    dollygoesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete