Monday, July 4, 2011

Cause Baby, I'm Quite Literally a Firework

Happy 4th everyone! I decided to do a patriotic-looking makeup look today.  I started my day with the wayyy bottom look and then added on the "fireworks" for tonight's display of fireworks. 


 I first used my usual Neutrogena concealer and Urban Decay Translucent Powder for my face (combined with some SPF 110 :D).  I used UD's Primer Potion as a base and layered some of the red color from my EyesLipsFace 100-Color Palette on my lids and lightly blended a tiny bit of it into my brow-bone.  I used my UD Liquid Liner in Perversion to do a typical cat's eye and lined my waterline with UD's 24/7 Liner in Electric, with added white lines in Zero.  The fireworks at the corner of my eye was made using Zero and Electric and some of my Hot Topic Red Eye/Lips Pencil. I used UD's Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy to add some sparkle around the liner work and on my lips.  My lipstick had worn off a little when I added the glitter but the initial color is in the last picture and that's Makeup Forever Lipstick in 205.

 I used my new sample from Benefit for my cheeks! Benefit's Posietint.  I've never tried Benefit's tints and from the ah-dor-able sample, I can tell I find it simply smashing.  The color and consistency is very pretty and it seems to wear well.  Though, I really have my sights set on Givenchy's tint...so I guess my makeup desires will have to fight each other :)
Patriotic daywear.  Could be seen perhaps...not on the forth? Yes? No?
Soooo, I'm watching the show "Hoarders" right now and am most def having the desire to clean and maybe not look at my makeup in fear of becoming a makeup hoarder :P.  At least I know there are no mummified cats in my makeup.  Just my adorable dog trying to log into skype by stepping on my computer.  Oh, Lucy, what will I do with you?
15-years-old and reading the newspaper? Love my puppy!
~Shannon

5 comments:

  1. Aww I love the patriotic eyes! What a cool and unique look! Hope you had a great 4th of July :)

    xo katie elizabeth
    ohheyylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, I'm sure you got a lot of comments on that dramatic eyelook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your LoTD for the 4th. You always do wonders with make up.

    Lucy is SO cute! Ahhhhhh now I miss Monty even more.

    ReplyDelete