Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Back from NY

ACKKKK! I've been gone for so long! I was originally supposed to be in New York only until Sunday, but because we fly standby, we (my mother and I) got knocked off our flight and had to stay an extra day.  We finally got home today, where it is hotter than...anything.  The humidity in MN matches the Amazon, oy vey.  SO, I have so much to post and talk about! It will all likely come in a series of posts, including some of my AH-MAZ-ING birthday presents (yay being an only child) which included the trip to NY, haha.  
 First day of New York.  We saw a super funny play, the Motherf**ker with the Hat, did a lot of shopping, saw the Alexander McQueen Exhibit (life-changing, moving, fantastic, even more obsessed with him now) had amazing Thai food, ah, so good.  I'm obsessed with that new YSL palette which I got at Saks.  The next day we saw "Silence!: the Musical," which was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  I was laughing so hard I was crying.  It's a parody of Silence of the Lambs and was one of the raunchiest pieces of theater I've seen, but I could literally see it every day for an entire year, it was so good.
 Next day, OBSCURA, OBSCURA, OBSCURA!!!!!  Obscura is an oddities and antiques shop in the East Village which also has the most addicting show on Discovery called, "Oddities."I'm obsessed with the show and really wanted to go see the shop.  It's absolutely tiny but has a plethora of amazing things and I was in heaven.  The salespeople were also just as nice in person as they are on the show, which is always nice :)
 Hi there little alligator wearing a mantilla, nbd or anything.  This is one of my birthday presents, for real :D I still have to think of a name...wearing Wet n' Wild Lipstick in Stoplight Red.
 Birthday dinner! Shrimp pasta at this fab Italian restaurant
I will have a longer post, but yes, a Limecrime Lipstick Rainbow for my birthday...dreams do come true...
So, this was a super short almost scrapbook-y (ewww) post, but it's just a little update and OH, I will be posting about my first giveaway soon, so be prepared!
~Shannon

7 comments:

  1. oh dear. I believe I must have the green and blue.
    swatchies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post! Sounds like you had an amazzzig trip! The gator is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry but your shrimp pasta is stealing all my attention away from your make up :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crap! Forgot to say this in the previous comment, I tagged you for a couple of blog awards. Details can be found in my latest blog entry :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. all of your reactions are so cute/funny read together :D thank you!

    ReplyDelete