Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Commercial? I'm Famous!

Hahaha, just kidding, I am not famous except in my own head BUT I did do someone's makeup for a commercial for...Century One College or something of the sorts (I don't recall) this past Tuesday.  Jen works with-ish my dah-rrrling mother dearest and her son is the one who went all artist on my face and neck with my makeup a couple weeks ago.  She's absolutely sweet and a really fab woman :) and she asked me to do her makeup for this commercial.
 Before picture, Jen decided that traditionally in before pictures people didn't smile, so it's a "classic" before picture. 
 The finished look!
      I started her makeup around 6:15 in the morning (I managed to get up!) and had asked her to bring some of her own makeup to use too.  Her main concealer that I applied all over her face with a sponge is a Revlon cream-based concealer, but I didn't catch the "NAME" or color. I used Urban Decay's Surreal Skin Creamy Concealer in Dreamy combined with Garnier's Skin-Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller under Jen's eyes and set it all with a Guerlain Powder which I believe is now discontinued, but it looks very similar to their Terracotta Collection's face powder. 
     I used a NARS Multiple in Cococabana to highlight Jen's face and applied Benefit's Oh La Lift under her eyes and right under her brows after filling them in with Revlon's ColorStay 12-hour Eyeshadow in Copper Spice.  I set her eyebrows with a clear gel that came free with a Tweezerman's purchase. Blush was a combo of NARS Powder in Nico and Benefit Powders in Hoola and Dallas.
Her eyes were primed with Benefit Stay Don't Stray Shadow Primer and shadowed with Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Hotpants (pinkish to compliment her outfit) and Pop Green Eyes Palette. The Pop Palette has some nice tans and a darrrrrk brown which I lined her eyes with on top and bottom.  Mascara was a sample of Lancome's.
Finally, Jen's lips were first moisturized with some rose salve and with a lip brush I mixed together MAC Lipstick in Rebel and Chanel Rouge Coco in Rivoli to make this lovely purple-pink with hints of wine.  I love this newly discovered combo!
Apparently Jen got a ton of compliments on her makeup during the day :D and I'll be sure to post the commercial when it comes out.  I'm so excited to see it and Jen looked simply smashing, wouldn't you agree?
~Shannon

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty and congrats on landing the gig. It's always rewarding when your work is recognized like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no surprise she got the compliments, what a fabulous job you did!

    ReplyDelete