Sunday, July 8, 2012

Bow Ties Are Cool

Some rather basic makeup from this look that I forgot to post.  I was ever so excited to get my first pair of suspenders and a bow tie and threw together this outfit that is a bit inarguably Doctor Who-inspired.  I was meeting my darling friend Ellen for an equally darling Japanese dinner and had to water the plants beforehand, so obviously pictures have to be taken while doing mundane tasks (i.e watering) BUT, our garden did look awfully pretty and one of my favorite areas is by my old playhouse that I'm in the process of cleaning out and turning into a bit of an outdoor-ish reading nook.  It was built by my father and uncles I believe back when I was a child, so it's really cute, sturdy, and has these wonderful gargoyles by the doors (which you can kind of see).    

 Makeup Breakdown was the usual Wet n' Wild Lipstick in "Stoplight Red" and Urban Decay Eyeliner in Perversion.  Blush was Nars' "Exhibit A"  A veeeeery pigmented blush that I totally forgot I had!
 Before the massive heatwave that killed me.  I basically reenacted that entire "Midnight Sun" episode of The Twilight Zone throughout the week. 
Bow and Actual Bow: American Apparel 
Suspenders: Vintage
Shirt: Found in the basment (Foxcroft?)
Skirt: Talbots
Knee Highs: Nordstrom Brand
Two-toned Shoes: Doc Martins 
(on a side note, these shoes are wonderfully comfy and pretty darn cute if I do say so myself). 
Sunlight: Nature's instagram
Hopefully this weather will stay somewhat nice! Especially because my birthday is coming up soon.   I'm turning twenty, so I'm prepping myself for a quarter life crisis that will likely include posting tear-streaked mascara photos on my blog asking what I'm doing with my life.  Kidding, only half-kiddddding.
xx
Shannon
P.S: I did have the stupid novel idea of starting a makeup-ish tumblr.  My blog's name is Cherries in the Snow (after an old Revlon lipstick).  There are some pictures and less-detailed posts that are on this blog and some random odds and ends that I cannot really fit into a "blog" blog.  So, please, feel free to find me on there!

5 comments:

  1. That little playhouse turned outdoor garden nook looks like it will be such a peaceful and relaxing little spot. I love this outfit to pieces! Bow tie, suspenders, red lips - incredibly lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute in these photo's!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your makeup style is so unique and adorable. loving ur style :D

    xx

    www.mooshichui.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The adjustment is abundantly written. I acquire bookmarked you for befitting beside with your new posts.
    Travesti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *everything is just next to perfect-hair,outfit,accessories,make up just amazing.Looking out of the world.
      network marketing social network

      Delete